On October 21st at 5 am I was rushed to the hospital by ambulance because Steven had woken up from me having a seizure. I have struggled with high blood pressure in this pregnancy since week 22. I have been monitored and put on medication for this and been doing well. Anyhow I ended up having another seizure while I was in the hospital. After my blood pressure went down and was stabilized my doctors decided it would be a good idea to induce me that day since my seizures would most likely not stop until Kenzie was delivered. The induction started at noon on the 21st and things moved along slowly but surely. I got my epidural and went to sleep. On the wee hours of the 22nd my water broke on its own and Kenzie was head down and everything was fine. my contractions were building and I was still progressing. Then at 5 cm my contractions stopped and and i was not progressing at all. the doctor checked me and the nurses checked me, they were still believing that Kenzie was head down and that we need to let gravity do it't work. As I was sitting up trying to let nature take its course my nurse decided to go with her gut feeling and do an ultrasound to see if Kenzie had turned. And sure enough she had her head was now on my right side and her bum was straight down. She was breached..... So C-section it was. I went in very numb and had the funniest anesthesiologist ever. he was so nice and made me feel comfortable. The surgery started and I could feel pressure on my left side but when the reached my right side there was pain and A LOT of it!!!!!! I screamed bloody murder and told them to stop. It ended up I had a white pocked were the epidural had not numbed me. YES i could feel then cutting me open. non the less I was put out under general anesthesia. About an hour and a half later I woke up with my mom and Steven mom letting me know that Kenzie had been moved to the NICU because she had some respiratory problems but was doing ok. I was wheeled in to the NICU to see her and I feel instantly in love with my sweet baby girl. It was very hard to see her with tubes and IV's but knew it was for the better. Kenzie stayed in the NICU for 2 weeks and had problems with her blood sugar and had a very hard time with feeding. She didn't open her eyes for 3 days and we were not able to hold her until her cpap machine was off. She also was jaundice and was on light therapy for 3 days. But when Miss Kenzie got the hang 0f eating she did so much better. We lived in the hospital and one of the hardest things was going home with out her. I was a the hospital working on feedings every three hours 24/7 then we did 4 feedings a day by nursing and 4 by tube feeding. After a week she started to understand how to eat and things got better from there. On November 4th MaKenzie came home and has grown 3 inches and gain almost a pound. She is the light of our lives and we are so blessed that she is here. She Loves to take bathes and cuddle with Daddy. And she is on a routine 90% of the time with feedings (thanks to the schedule she had in the NICU) and she is content with herself often. I am doing really well after my c-section and love being a mom. Things are hard and tiering at times but after all that we have been through with this pregnancy and birth I would do all a million times again to have her here. We love her so much and we are so blessed to be her parents.
Here are some pictures of our journey this far!!!!!















Lisa,
ReplyDeleteMan, what a story!! Luckily it was all worth it...Little McKenzie is beautiful!! I am so happy for you guys :)
That 2nd one makes me giggle! And the one where you're holding her and looking a the camera is darling. I can't wait to meet her!
ReplyDeleteGlad you guys are home!
ReplyDeleteLisa, wow! What a crazy/terrible/wonderful story. I can't believe you and Kenzie had to go through all of that. You're all so strong! I absolutely love the picture of you holding her in her blanket and you're looking right at us - you look blissful!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you posted this story because I was so curious and concerned about what happened. I'm so grateful that prayers have been answered and you all are doing fine now. Love you all!
ReplyDeleteWhat a story! I'm happy the scares are over and she's at home with you, and healthy. Sounds like motherhood is treating you well. You will both make the most wonderful parents. MaKenzie is one cute baby... adorable!
ReplyDelete