Heinrichs est. 2008

Sunday, March 20, 2011

RSV / Hospital & Walks

I know i have been a huge slacker posting lately but here is why. Kenzie got a cold about 2 weeks and I was watching here closely since she was born with breathing issues. On Monday the 7th she was coughing and wheezing a lot so we took her to instacare. (That same day I had a EGD (upper endoscopy) with biopsy so i was a little out of it as well). Poor Steven dealing with two sick girls. The doctor told us to watch for retraction in her breathing and sure enough on Wednesday morning she was retracting. We took her back to the Instacare and the checked her oxygen and it was at a 90. So they told us to take her to the ER. We went to the Orem ER since the Provo one was so busy. After a breathing treatment and some time they decided she need to be hospitalized since she was not improving. When we got to the UVRMC they decided she need to be put on oxygen and she need to be suctioned out every few hours. It was AWFUL, I cried almost every time they had to put the tube in. Kenzie stayed in the Hospital for almost a week. When she came home the doctor recommended we get her fresh air so we take her on walk almost every day when the weather is nice. SHE LOVES IT!!!!!


here are some photos of her




1 comment:

  1. Poor Baby and poor mom!! It breaks your heart when they are so sick! It's so sad and rough on everyone.. I'm glad she's home, you're a great momma! Enjoy the nice spring weather! ♥

    ReplyDelete

LEAVE ME A NOTE

Daisypath