Heinrichs est. 2008

Thursday, June 4, 2009

I LOVE MY LIFE


Today I was thinking how lucky I am!!!!! No seriously. looking at me you may not see how I feel or how I wonderful my life is. I am not rich, I am not thin, I don't have a degree; or even a clean house most of the time. I am not a mom. I don't go to school, I may not be able to quote scriptures on top of my head. I didn't go on a mission. I never been the RS president. Living in Provo a lot of people measure themselves by these things. I have thought a lot about this lately and why I feel soooo uncomfortable in Relief Society 90% of the time.

My life has been one of the road less traveled and I LOVE that! The things I love most about my life is that I have a husband who would do anything for me anytime no matter what, and he loves me for me. I love how I have an illness that makes me have more compassion for people. I love how I spent most of my life fighting to be noticed and loved instead of taking it for granted. I Love my scares for they tell me who I am and were I have been. I love that I am not the cookie cutter Molly Mormon. I love how I have pain for then I know when things are good. I love how I don't have tons of money and I appreciate more the thing I have. I Love My Family in Europe and how they support me through everything just not when it is convenient for them. I love my friends they have been my family and support here. bottom line is I LOVE MY LIFE

7 comments:

  1. I'm with you on that one! Provo was hard for me at first, until I realized that some of us show our differences on the outside and some show them on the inside. That's not to say there aren't those who are Molly Mormons, because there ARE! But I've found that there are more well rounded women here than I first expected.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you!! Lisa - you are an inspiration. That's what your life has made you, you inspire people towards optimism. That's more important that degrees, RS presidencies, missions, etc . . . You are right where the Lord wants you. I love that about you! Thank you for sharing :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE YOU!!!!!!! And I LOVE your post...you have every reason and more to love the life you lead, it's a good life and you are such an example.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought you were describing me there for a second (except the mom part) The people who measure themselves by those things are sure coming up short. I think you're amazing, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa you are awesome. I admire you for all that you are and the compassion you have for just ordinary people. Never under estimate the power of love and respect you have for yourself. You are truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lisa, you are the best and I love you! Mom :-)

    ReplyDelete

LEAVE ME A NOTE

Daisypath